Saturday 19 September 2015

Autumn Watercolor Leaves

Happy fall, crafters! This and spring are my favorite seasons – you can literally see the passage of time, the changing of seasons, and even more important: finally the oppressive summer heat is gone!

Of course, one of the most wonderful side effects of warm days and cold nights are the colorful leaves on the trees and strewn across grassy plains. And even though I was afraid I was going to end up with a terrible mess, I decided to whip out my watercolors and the beautiful Hero Arts Autumn stamp set for a fall card.


I inked up each stamp with numerous different distress inks. I made sure to only combine colors which would blend pleasantly with each other and not result in brown puddles of color. With a very fine brush – I'd recommend a #1 or #2 – I added some water close to the outer border of the leaves and then touched the tip of the brush against the stamped line and dragged the color out. By wetting the area close to the leaf first, the colors blended out super smoothly.


After I was done, I loaded up my brush with some gold watercolor from Kuretake and flicked against the brush to produce those gold splatters. The frame was cut from the same watercolor card stock with the Sunshine die by Wplus9 and mounted with some foam tape – after I had adhered vellum with the heat embossed sentiment to the backside of the frame.


And of course as a finishing touch, I added a few sequins in fall colors – the sequins I used are not from the shop, but I've found some similar colors for you and linked to them below.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the project and have a wonderful fall day, wherever you are!

No comments: