Sunday 13 September 2015

Glorious Backgrounds

I'm  concentrating on background stamps today - they're a relatively new addition to the store and the large (6x6 inch) size makes them very useful for adding lots of interest to your projects quickly.   We have versions from Hero Arts and My Favorite Things and both are cling mounted rubber rather than clear stamps.   Use the keyword "background" in our search box to find them all ;-)

For my first card, I wanted to say a special thank you to my fabulous Design Team for my surprise blog hop this week so this card is for all of them!


For my background, I've used the very versatile Distressed Stripes Background from My Favorite Things, inked with a couple of shades of distress ink in autumnal colours.  I added over a stitched circle die cut from vellum with the stitches highlighted with a white gel pen.  The sentiment from Mama Elephant's Heartfelt Wishes was embossed with Hero's Arts new copper embossing powder which I just adore!  The flowers are are by MFT - their new Fall Florals set which is set to be my go-to set for a while as there are so many possibilities in it.  I used less than half the stamps in this card.   The matching dies make it super easy - I know sometimes it can be tricky to line up solid dies but if you cut a template and lay that over the stamped image and then the die just "tucks in" where you need it ;-)

My second card was a special request from a neighbour but it fits today's theme so I'll share it too.


This one uses a slightly older, but none-the-less stunning background stamp called Garden Flourish.   For this card I stamped it twice onto a large piece of card, so you don't have to stick to the 6x6 size or smaller with these, and embossed it with clear embossing powder.   I then die cut the WPlus9 butterfly frame from it before adding colour using the "dip it into distress ink on your craft mat" method.   I die cut the butterfly frame from a sheet of foam (kids dept of your local craft store) covered on either side in stick-it for ease for application.  The craft foam should be just smaller than your front piece to make an easy shaker card which I filled with Festive Fall sequins.  Adding the white embossed butterfly frame back over the top of the acetate makes the pattern seamless but it stands out as it has less colour.   The large 65 was die cut using the big numbers dies from MFT.   The sentiment was spelt out with Violet's ABCs from Lawn Fawn.



NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • We will be getting the latest release from both Reverse Confetti and Waffle Flower crafts this week.
  • We are trying to get restocks on Lawn Fawn and Hero Arts but it may take a few weeks before it all becomes available at their end.
  • We have a big giveaway on our Facebook page so if you don't follow us there, you really should ;-)




4 comments:

Sarah G said...

Love these fall florals, Tara....I must have missed them from the release so thanks for showcasing them! It is a lovely thank you card :) The shaker makes a very special card too x

Jeanette said...

Love both of these cards, super colours and florals. Think the flourish background stamp is going to be added to my never ending wish List!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards!

Craftychris said...

Both these are wonderful! I adore background stamps xxx