Friday 25 September 2015

Dainty Watercolour Flowers

Hi everybody,

Jill here, with some dainty watercolour washed flowers for you...


I'm still crazy for all things watercolour, and as there's a certain online class happening at the moment, (which I'm sadly not partaking in - but I bet a few of you lucky duckies are!), I thought it was as good a time as any to get messy with some watercolour washing...


I started by cutting Paper Smooches 'Dainty Flowers' die and watercolour washing them using Distress Inks.  I love these delicate little flowers and can picture so many pretty cards I want to make using them! While they were drying, I did a quick wash across my background, again, using Distress Inks, adding a few flicks and splashes across my panel.  I wanted some silver twine to go behind my die-cuts, but didn't have any, so made my own by swooshing some white twine through Versamark Ink, and then through some Silver Sparkle embossing powder.  I'm sure you can imagine what an absolute faff on that was haha - but it did the job so...hey ho! 
My sentiment is from the awesome Avery Elle 'So Happy' set, (still one of my all time favourite sentiment sets, just such a gorgeous font), and is heat embossed onto vellum in Silver Sparkle powder, wrapped around my card panel and adhered at the back.


I added a strip of black and white striped card down the side to add a little contrast,  and embellished with a scattering of clear and silver sequins and a few dew drops created using Glossy Accents.

I apologise that the sentiment really didn't show up too good in the photographs, but I really hope you like it.

As always, everything is linked below so be sure to have look, and I shall looking forward to seeing you all next week :)

Jillx

Dainty Flowers Dies  So Happy  VersaMark Watermark Ink




1 comment:

Holly Saveur said...

gorgeous card!!