Sunday 20 September 2015

Prehistoric Birthday

I wanted to highlight one of the new stamps we got this weekend from SugarPea Designs as I am a huge fan of this lesser known brand.  The quality of their stamps is second to none and I always get the best stamped detail from them.   I just totally fell in love with the dinosaurs in Prehistoric Pals as soon as I saw them and used a few to create a little scene.



I started with the lava stamp but just inked up the top of it and then simply drew a couple of wobbly lines to extend it to make it a big volcano in the background.  I masked the blue dinosaur and stamped the tree over the top and then added a little friend for his birthday party.  Another wobbly line created the foreground and I drew a couple of clusters of rocks to add interest (round wobbly lines - I'm great when it comes to drawing but anyone can do a wobbly line!)  

The whole scene was then coloured with distress markers and a little water as this is a one layer card so it was important not to get it too wet but I find that Papermania 300 gsm card blanks can withstand a little water colouring if you are careful.  To add the texture to the volcano I used a scrap of natural sponge to add some texture over the base colour with the same distress colours just less diluted.



NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • We had new arrivals this weekend from Waffle Flower stamps
  • We had restocks on all Mama Elephant stamps, dies and inks
  • We have ordered restocks from Lawn Fawn but are waiting for confirmation of a shipping date from them - it can take 2-3 weeks when they are busy.
  • We are still having issues with the check out button disappearing from the website - this is due to an upgrade beyond our control - once you refresh your browser it should appear.  Sorry :(  The new website will be much, much better!
Have a great weekend - catch you next week
Tara


1 comment:

Ruth said...

So cute! I love Sugarpea as well :) xx