Saturday 14 March 2015

Create Shapes through Tiny Stamps: Easter Card with Wplus9 Very Vintage Florals

Hello crafters, Julia here!

Today I want to focus on what you can do with all those tiny stamps that are strewn across your stamp sets. I'm using a stunning stamp set by Wplus9 – it's one of the older ones, but I absolutely love the detail of the flowers. I'm also using three shades of purple to create an ombre effect that will leave your card's recipient wondering: how on earth did she do that?


I used the tiny flower to create an egg shape on my card, since the card is meant for Easter. To create the ombre effect, I rolled the stamps in two ink colors at the same time (for a how-to video, check out my blog – you can find the link in the sidebar).

I decided to mount the stamped panel on a colored card base to keep the soft floral colors in tune, but I could't resist adding a few sequins and the ribbon for a finishing touch. If you don't have ribbon, check out the twine that is available in the store … there are a few great selections there.


I hope this gives you some ideas for your own Easter themed cards. As always, I'm listing a few more products below than I actually used. Sometimes, products go out of stock quickly and I want you to know about alternatives that you can use if you want to try this yourself.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Such a good idea to use the smaller stamps to make the egg shape. I just spotted the Big Bang Confetti stamps at the end of your post and had to order them straight away! They will be so useful! xxx