Sunday 29 March 2015

Photo-bombing a Photo bomb!

I know I promised a video showing all the different uses for our new foils, but we had so much new product in store on Thursday night that I have spent the whole weekend packing your orders so the video will have to wait as they do take a while to put together (especially when you're working out how to do them as you go!)

So for today I thought I'd show you an idea I had for the new Photo bomb stamp set from Mama Elephant.   This is a great stamp set and I can see it being used for so many different types of cards - the "from all of us" is a really useful sentiment too.  But my first make with it, I saw something that meant with a little effort you can take it one step further and photo bomb the photo bomb - let me show you what I saw....


Firstly I stamped the large image onto 300gsm cardstock - not brilliant for blending but I managed t get some OK colouring with copics.  I framed it with the polaroid fun die that has frames to fit all the images in this set and turns them into instant old style photos.

What I saw though was the little girl in the middle was kinda photo bombing her own shot and with a little effort I thought we could make her "pop" right out of the photo....


So I did a little selective inking - well actually I inked up the stamp as selectively as I could and then used a damp cotton but to wipe off all the ink below the girl I wanted to pick out.  I did this on the 300 gsm card again for strength for the pop out.  What you have then though is a little girl with two arms and one hand but its a very easy shape to draw the left hand freestyle with a copic liner and then use the pen to extend her dress too.  I coloured her and cut her out and left a long tab of card in the middle of the dress to be the mechanism to have her pop.   The little arrow that comes in the polaroid die helps point out what needs to be done.  To put it together you just need to carefully cut around the hairline of the 3 characters below her with a craft knife and then insert the tab through the slit you made making sure the extra hand is hidden behind the blond boys head.

For the sentiments I used the lovely new smile die from Mama Elephant and then for an extra surprise used the little "Hi!" from the stamp set on the girls dress making sure to stamp it low enough that it's hidden before she pops out.

NEWS FROM THE STORE:
  •  We have received new releases and restocks from Mama Elephant and Altenew this week.  Quite a few of the Altenew items are already showing as out of stock - many of those were due to the fact that we didn't actually receive any!   Despite having our order in since late January, we have been having HUGE problems getting hold of everything we wanted so I finally gave up waiting and just grabbed what I could.  I will try again for the items we missed when I see they have them in stock themselves.
  •  We have some restocks from Waffle Flower - including the very popular Pattern Play which has been out of stock since Jennifer McGuire featured it on her blog last month.  We also got their new release so as soon as it goes live in mid-April you can grab it here too :-)
  • The latest release from Neat and Tangled will be in store on Monday.
  • We will be getting the new release from Reverse Confetti in the next week or so.
  • Paper Smooches latest release and massive die restocks will be here in early April.
  • SugarPea Designs have also been having a few issues with their suppliers but I hope that they will finally ship their last release to us in a week or so.  We are hoping to iron out supply issues from their May release onwards so we can get it in store quicker for you!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - see you next week!
Tara



http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Photo-Bomb/p/48463482/category=8451112http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Polaroid-Fun-Creative-Cuts/p/39970861


http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Smile-Script-Creative-Cuts/p/48463539

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable - what a great idea! Jo x

Unknown said...

that is soooo great! I must say, I can't believe the amount of work you ut into making our lives happy :) I had no idea you worked a full time job on top. I don't know how or where you find the time & energy to do it, but I'm so gladyou do, and hats off to you for an awesome job always superbly done! Tara, I salute you! x

Ruth said...

How do you do it and work?? A fantastic card, which needs trying out :) Thanks for the heads up about Sugar Pea. I'm waiting on the Home die. Thank you ageing for all you hard work.

Ruth said...

Ageing?? Again!!!