Sunday 1 March 2015

Welcome to the Jungle....

Are you all singing the Guns 'n Roses or is that just me?  If you're not a child of the 80s and that reference is lost on you, no matter, as the Jungle we're interested in today is the one that Lawn Fawn have brought us with their great new stamp set Critters in the Jungle and I have a couple of cards today to show how versatile it is.

Firstly I went bananas with bananas to make this monkey shaker card.


Instead of the traditional beads and sequins I stamped out a dozen bunches of bananas and used the matching die to cut them all out - these became my shaker pieces.  I stamped the vine and leaves using a green ink and hung the monkey from it on top of the acetate holding all my pieces in.  I used the Lawn Fawn stitched circles just as they were handy to make my frame and used stick it glue with fun foam to make the holder for the shaker pieces.  The little parrot adds a cute pop of colour.  I left it sentiment free but I think it would make a great kids card - just add the age in the white space at the top.

Seeing as elephants seem to be flavour of the month (the Wplus9 version is on its way back as we speak and I will be re-ordering Ellie from Avery Elle this week) I thought I'd highlight this little fella too.....


This was a much quicker make - a jungle background provided by the curvy leaves embossing folder from Elizabeth Craft Designs - these are in the new section as I found 7 designs I had missed off the website when they arrived last year!   I thought I'd do a funny twist on the old saying, as I'm sure some elephants do forget sometimes.   The sentiment is from Handwritten Notes by Avery Elle.  I added a little balloon and string using the ever-so useful stick-it to make them so much easier to glue down.

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

The latest release and restocks from Reverse Confetti will be in store by Tuesday.

Restocks from Wplus9 is in transit using our faster shipping method so will hopefully be in store by mid-week.

I have re-ordered from Lawn Fawn for all the items that sold out but I am waiting for them to confirm it is ready to ship - once they are ready I will get it with the faster shipper and it will be here in a couple of days.

The Altenew release has been delayed (even though it is showing on their store now) and they hope to be able to ship to me this week.  Again I will use the fast shipping method as soon as I get the nod that it is ready to go.

Our new challenge starts this afternoon so do come back and play along!

Catch you next week
Tara
x



 

2 comments:

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Haha, I was just starting to sing in my head, when I saw your post in my Feedreader.... then I began reading your post!! ;)
Great cards though - I love the idea of banana shaky bits! Rx

Sarah G said...

Love the banana shaker, Tara - such a fun idea!