Saturday 21 March 2015

Stretch Your Dies for Easter Cards

Hi crafty friends, Julia here!

I hope you are having a fantastic start into the weekend! Let's take a second look at some dies and check out how I turned the leaves of the Spring Flowers Dies set from Lil Inker into little Easter Eggs:


I wanted to create a little easter basket with some grass and the eggs tucked neatly inside of it. Out came my new Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die, which is just as lovely as I had hoped:


I die cut a piece of green card stock for the grass, and then cut it down to fit into the little nest I created. All you need to do is cut two slits into your card stock, and then fiddle your twine through a few times.  Finally, I stamped some florals onto another panel in colors that matched the ones I had used for the eggs, but muted that by layering some vellum on top. Mount that on your card base and you're done!

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to check out the video of how I created this card, hop over to my blog, you'll find the link in the sidebar to your right.

As always, I'm listing more supplies below than I actually used to give you some alternatives in case the products I mentioned are out of stock. If they are: since recently, the store has a very neat feature where you can sign up (right in the product's description) to be informed when something is back in stock. That gives Tara a great indicator of how much stuff she should order and you can place an order as soon as the items are loaded in the store. 

As always, you can find a video tutorial on how to create this card on my blog. Click on my name below after checking out the products in the store to have a peek.

Julia xoxo

No comments: