Friday 13 March 2015

Spring Floral Border

DSC04229

Hello. Happy Friday … can you believe that another week has whizzed by?

Today I’m sharing with you another card that was accepted into Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking but sadly won’t be published. This was using their sketch … I don’t know if you remember the one with the little squares all the way around the card. When I first saw the sketch I really didn’t think I could get it to work for me … but I did :)

DSC04228

To create this I stamped it as one whole piece. Stamping the sentiment from Wplus9 ‘Hand Lettered Hello’ in the centre first and then stamping the floral border around the outside. The stamps I used around the outside edge are from Wplus9 ‘Pretty Little Peonies’.

Once I had done all the stamping I then cut an inch off each side and trimmed these strips into 1 x 1" squares before adding them to my card layer with foam adhesive.

DSC04230

I would really love to know what you think of my card!

I hope you have a beautiful day and I will see you again soon.

Hugs Lydia xxx


Pretty Little Peonies  Hand Lettered Hello 

3 comments:

Ruth said...

That is glorious! Perfect inspiration for a card I need to make. Thank you!

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! Gorgeous colours and I love the design xxx

Sarah G said...

Brilliant - beautiful colours and stamping, Lydia! You really made that sketch work :)