Monday 16 March 2015

Let's get Punny!!


Yep.... you probably guessed that I had to have Lawn Fawns stamp set in their latest release called Best Pun Ever.... not only are the images adorable but you have a great mix of words that are all indivudual stamps so you are able to make up your own punny sentiments :)

I've used only the stamps in this set for my CAS cards today because the puns and images need little else but I can already spot ways these images can be mixed with other sets which is something I love about Lawn Fawn stamps :)


I love how you can add faces to the images if you want to... I couldn't resist putting the moustache on the ice lolly and then giving them a good coating of glossy accents for a shiny finish :) To add some interest to the grater I pricked through the holes from the back of the panel to give a rough texture on the front...



These next two are paper pieced, the images are fairly easy to trim out ...


The trophy is great for sporting achievements cards and you can always decorate the cup in team colours for a more personal touch and we've just had Crufts at the NEC and I couldn't help thinking how you could use the trophy with one of the dogs from Critters in the Dog Park too for a 'Top Dog' card :)
The tea pot and cup look great paper pieced and will mix nicely with the Love you a Latte set too.


I've saved the best til last because as soon as I saw this fan 
I knew I wanted to make the blades able to turn....



To make this card I first stamped and coloured the image on my panel then stamped, coloured and trimmed a second set of blades. Cut a small round of fun foam that will sit nicely between the central circular hubs of the blades. Adhere the foam to the card base only and then using a pokey tool or pieceing tool make a hole through the centre of the hubs and foam so you can attach the top blades with a brad. The blades should turn albeit manually with no pull tabs or mechanics :)

                                                       Best Pun Ever

Well that was a long post, hope it inspired you to be creative with this Puntastic set :)
Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I saw that set and was very tempted - you've just shown me why it's so good!