Sunday 22 March 2015

Hey Foxy Lady

Good afternoon - sorry I'm a bit late posting today but I had to revise my plans on what I was posting today.  I had planned an extensive demonstration of all the exciting things you can do with our new foils from Thermoweb but I hit a few snags (they are new to me too!) and rather than post something which won't help you understand what they can do or help you avoid the pitfalls I found (and therefore waste foil - better that I do that so it doesn't cost you!) I thought I'd postpone it until I try some tips I found.  My issues were related to the printing and foiling with a laminator - it seems that because I have a colour laser rather than a black and white one, it can cause some issues so I want to try a black and white one to compare before I show you what to do.   I am also trying to video it, not something I have ever done before so bear with me (and don't laugh when you see and here me!) and I will try and have it sorted for next week.

So, for today I decided to do a little bit of foil but also to show off my favourite new stamp and die set that has just arrived from Lil' Inker Designs.


I adore this fox - it is such a versatile set as the stamps that match the die have different sets of eyes so you can do girls, boys and different experssions.    I die cut her from orange and white card and simply used 3 pencils to add a little shading a furry texture.  Stamp the face and stick him together (I added stick-it to the back of the card before I started to make it super quick and easy!)

I wanted to sit her on a little hill so I die cut a blue back ground using the rectangle dies.  For the green hill I wanted to add foil so I covered a strip of green card with Stick-it and then simply pressed the lime foil onto the sticky surface and it you get super shiny foiled card -yummy!  To make it hill shaped I die cut with the rectangle to get the stitched edge and then rather than using the standard grassy border die I used the grassy cupcake die and sat the bottom edge just inside so it wouldn't cut the bottom but cut a slightly curved top to make a hill shape.

The sentiment comes as two lines but I did a little stamp surgery and cut in between the lines with very sharp scissors so I could stamp it as one long banner across the card.  This isn't as scary as it sounds and it just goes back together as originally intended but gives you more scope from your stamps.

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • Lil Inker Designs are live in store
  • Thermoweb ICraft foils are in store and some colours are already selling out
  • Altenew have FINALLY shipped the order I placed around 10 weeks ago and I hope it will be in store by Tuesday.
  • Mama Elephant's latest release and massive restocks will also be here this week
 Catch you next week





2 comments:

Keren Baker said...

Lush grass- love the foxy card!!

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

Ohhh cute! I've a colour laser printer too so I'm interested to hear what the issues are. If you change it to only black and white printing does it still causes issues?